Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why is my guy friend like this?

I used to have very strong feelings for this guy who got to know me over the past couple of years. I met him through a group of friends and he invited me over one day because he found out that I had sent his friend this song he loved and he said he wanted to get some music from me and hang out.



We got to know each other better and I ended up going to his house a few times, where we'd watch films, listen to music, and once he cooked for me too. He always walked me home and was really nice. He said his family loved me.



On the first day I met him at his house, he asked me what I thought of relationships and he said he just wasn't sure-he thought they were overrated. One day, however, he asks me if I want to go out with him, through text. I said yes, we met up the next day and went out, then the relationship kind of slowed down and he seemd distant. I asked him about it and he said he was stressed with uni, that he really does like me and right now he can't commit. So I thought ok then, and didn't see him for a while after that until we saw each other in a big group of friends.



He would flirt with me, get jealous of guys talking to me and try to get in-between, and bring up the times we had. I didn't know what his reasons were for this because he made it clear he didn't want a relationship.



He's a flirtatious guy, but not a player at all as he's only slept with one girl, or 2 and he's 24. One day out of the blue he kissed me, and we'd never kissed before. I've never slept with him.



So recently I contacted him after not seeing him for almost a year,and asked how he was and if he was still around and he responded and wanted to meet up. I thought he would be working and maybe had a girlfriend, because he finished uni 1 1.2 years ago, but he seems the same as before and he smokes weed. I met up with him and we got on great, and it was just like before, he was flirting, but really sweet and walked me home. He said we should go for a bike ride some time. He said he was really happy to hear from me and when his phone rang he saw it was his friend Tom and he reminded me of the time tom came onto me when drunk 2 years ago and he got really annoyed by that. He also mentions some other things from the past he remembers.



I really actually care about this guy and he's very clever with a good degree and I would love to go out with him, but it worried me to see him giving up with work and smoking weed. He's never had a relationship really, although he knows a lot of girls. He's full of energy and I was wondering if he's depressed, as I do care for him.Why is my guy friend like this?
dont be his wife cause he'll be all YELLING at you (due to the weed)

and he will have scruffy hair (even more embarassing)Why is my guy friend like this?
Perhaps he is depressed like you said, smoking herb and giving up with work(whatever that means). That could be his way of escaping any stress he's feeling, or it could be the complete opposite.If he hasn't had experience in a relationship he's probably confused about what to do.



My advice is to tell him how you feel about him, and gauge his response. I'm sure he'll open up if you tell him straight up, if he's anything like me(which i think he might be) he might be terrible at picking up hints / signals. So talk to him... give it a shot right?
Im seeing some red flags in your description of the friend, don't be in any big hurry, if he should decide he wants to date i guess that will tell you whats wrong with him and why he is like this. He almost sounds like maybe he knows him self better than you do. Take it slow. Just the feeling i get.
i think maybe he had a bad experience or maybe saw or heard about one, so hes scared of going through the same thing, u should try to get to him but not directly, i mean ask him out and stuff but dont tell him do u wanna be in a relationship or something, just hang out, and maybe if he got used to u more it would be eaiser to him to have a relationship with you, and about smoking, u cant change anything about that now, maybe if things got into a better level between u two u can advice him to stop or even ask him to if u got close, if hes a smart guy and he seems to care about u too, dont let him go, try ur best =)



Hope i helped you,

best answer please! starred ur question! =)
  • web hosting forum
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment