Friday, October 22, 2010

Restrictions on food that I can bring into Taiwan?

I might be traveling to Taiwan in the next few months and I have rather unusual dietary restrictions. I'm a vegan raw foodists (don't eat anything cooked/processed or animal products) so it's rather complicated for me to travel out of US or travel in general. Do you know what kind of restrictions there are on bringing food with me into the country. Not necessarily raw produce but something like packaged dried sea weed, nuts/seeds, and cold pressed olive oil? Where could I find information about this? Any recommendations on purchasing raw produce there or how to find cold pressed oils?Restrictions on food that I can bring into Taiwan?
Contact a Taiwanese attache', consulate, or charge-de-affaires'. Most countries are pretty particular about agricultural products being brought into their country . . . especially island nations where a blight of any kind can be devastating.



It is unforunate that your cultural experience will be severely limited and contrived while visiting this very beautiful and friendly country and one where their cuisine is a wonderful experience in an of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment