Friday, October 22, 2010

How do I deal with a clingy and insecure boyfriend that has ADHD but in denial?

My bf JOE of 2 months is always trying to get my attention. He has issues with me talking to my friends on the cell phone that are guys that I have known since childhood. His 9n year old son has ADHD( but is medicated) and JOE(not medicated and denies having any symptoms of ADHD) is showing the same symptoms of restlessness, spacing out when asking important questions, mood swings, talking extremely fast, jumping from one subject to next like lightening,...JOe has been laid off for almost a year and is going through a divorce and has many issues that I can understand make him stressed out. When ever I am with him at his home, he follows me around like a puppy. I cook and he stares at me like I am an alien, I am on the cell phone and he sits right next to me. When i get a text, he leans over and peeks to see what I am writing. I cant even do laundry without him following me to the basement and acting as if he has to do laundry. He smokes weed and I have told him that it is becoming a problem but he says he will stop when he starts working and when he is done with his divorce. I can watch a movie with him, cuddle, help him cook, clean, and then when I want to relax and be by myself for a while he gets upset. He dances in front of me while I am watching tv or pretends to be fixing something that is not broken just to be in my space and constantly stares at me to see if I am looking at me. When I am tired, I want to sleep and he keeps talking and talking and I tell him politely that I am tired and I need sleep, and he tells me that I dont care about what he has to say and about his emotions...at 1am, 2am ...He drinks a 2 liter of Pepsi everyday and is hyper and I cant deal with it. He is a fun guy and has a good heart but these things are draining me. When he gets in his mood swings especially when he smokes weed, after we argue ( i try to ignore him and walk away but he just follows me and continues to be confrontational) at night he wants to have sex..and tells me that I must be interested in someone else because I dont want to have sex with him. I dont want to be intimate with him because I am frustrated with him and the more he behaves this way, the more I am not attracted to it or in the mood to have sex..I care about him a lot but I do not know what to do. I told him if this continues I will leave him. He tells me he knows he has issues and wants to get help but then the next day he says he doesnt need help...He is very inconsistant. What do I do? Is there hope?How do I deal with a clingy and insecure boyfriend that has ADHD but in denial?
Are you mental, an attention-seeker or a masochist?

Dump him.How do I deal with a clingy and insecure boyfriend that has ADHD but in denial?
Dump his a$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment