Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do I know if I still love my boyfriend?

I know I love him because he is the father of my child. But I dont know if I'm still in love with him. I met him when I was 16 and Im 19 now. Our son is 11 months old. I met him when I was very immature, smoking and drinking and partying. Since I've gotten pregnant I've grown up alot and I'm in school and have goals...but he hasn't changed much. He thinks he has but he smokes weed constantly, drinks and is completely ignorant (which I never noticed before because I was in the same boat) He refuses to get a job and keeps putting it off and blows my money, he doesnt pass any of his college classes and he treats me like dirt most the time because we always argue and can never agree. I think we grew into two completely different people. I cant imagine being without him because its all I know. I live with him and my son, but things have gotten bad lately. I dont even enjoy sex with him anymore and I've been feeling like I need to emotionally connect with someone because we can never talk. I dont want to hurt him but I'm so miserable, its like we were meant to be back when I was a bad person but now I feel like he's breaking my spirit. I cook, I clean, and I'm studying in college...I dont know what else I can do for him to appreciate me but he says all I do is sit on my *** and he does everything. I've talked to him about it and he says I'm the only one who has a problem and I'm always looking for a way to leave...but that's not it...I just think about leaving everday.



Oh and his behavior have anything to do with the way he was raised? His dad died when he was 8 but before he died he made his mother a slave, beat her, and had her take care of 5 kids that were created by his dads cheating on him when they were married.How do I know if I still love my boyfriend?
yes the way he was raised could affect the person he has become, but that's no excuse for the way he treats you. As an adult he should realize how to treat a woman, but it doesn't look likes he's getting it. It doesn't sound like you are in love with him at all. First loves are hard, you'll always have a soft spot in your heart of him, for many reasons, but that doesn't mean you have to stay with him. It'll be hard to leave him, but you'll thank God you did everyday once you do. You deserve better, and so does your child... do you really want your child to grow up with a father like that?? to see you unhappy as you are?? kids are very perceptive. people grow apart, its normal, its ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment