Thursday, October 28, 2010

Should I dump my boyfriend?

Him and I have been together for almost a year now. We met online originally, and we were online dating for 6 months until he moved closer to me so we can start seeing each other in person. When we were together, we had some of our best and roughest times. The best being, when he was with me, sometimes we bonded very deeply. The worst being he got drunk one night, he screamed at me for about an hour, then he threw up in my car and blacked out. He didn't offer to help me clean it, and he complained about the smell still leftover when I had to pick him up the day after. He used to call me on the phone and say how he hated being here, his parents, the whole situation. He wanted to go back home and I told him to do whatever made him happy. So less than a month ago, he moved back and I was seriously heartbroken. I'm still going through a depression spell over it. I did everything I could for him, I picked him up twice a week, driving 70 miles each way. I tried to cook him food back at my dorm, sometimes I would surprise him with breakfast from McDonald's. We had seperation anxiety for a little while when he went back, telling me if he wondered if it was all a mistake. He used to call me every night, just to say good night, or we would fall asleep together. Now he's forgetting to call me for days at a time, I wrote him an e-mail telling him I was concerned that we were growing apart. He read it, but he forgot to call me again tonight when he said he would and obviously he isn't concerned about addressing the problem. He started smoking weed again too and he's been drinking every night. When I do talk to him, sometimes he falls asleep on me while i'm trying to tell him something. This is tearing me apart, should I dump him? :-(Should I dump my boyfriend?
Sweetie, you sound like such a kind-hearted and sweet girl. You deserve so much better than him. You deserve someone who takes the effort to talk to you everyday and put effort into the relationship. It sounds like your putting in 100% effort and hes putting in 0%.



I wish you all the best.

Email me if you need anymore advice, I am in a long distance relationship as well.Should I dump my boyfriend?
He sounds just like mine. Guys are such dickweeds sometimes, try to focus on something you enjoy since he is obviously not focused on you. There should be some balance here.

No comments:

Post a Comment