Friday, October 22, 2010

I feel like my husband doesn't respect/appreciate me or anything I do?

I'm a housewife. I love being a housewife. He works 5-6 days a week. So I do everything around the house. I cook, clean, mow the yard, keep the cars washed... EVERYTHING. The only thing I ask him to do is weed eat.. he never says thank you. And if I forget something at the store or didn't do something around the house he says things that make me feel... very small. If I tell him how I feel about something, like just now I told him I felt like he doesn't respect me... and he some how managed to make me out to be the ';bad guy'; because I got a little hateful with him when he kept interrupting me while I was trying to tell him how I felt. I love him more than words could ever express. But sometimes I wonder if our marriage will last. He tells me i'm irresponsible... immature... and all this stuff. He says he does more in one hour at work than I do all day. That may be true, but I do a lot in a days time. And I deal with a lot... and I keep it all locked up inside all the time. I have no one to talk to about things like this. He won't listen or he doesn't have time to.. there's always some excuse not to have to listen to what I have to say. I got out of high school, got married the very next week. I have no friends left... they all went to college and now have no time for me.. so when we have an argument or whatever... he has his friends... and ppl at his work to talk to... but me on the other hand.... I have no one to talk to. Which explains why im on here. I just want to know how to get him to respect me and appreciate all that I do. I'm not sure how much more I can take...



I'm sorry if this didn't make much sense. It's 6:41am and I've been up sence 9:00 yesterday morning. I feel like my husband doesn't respect/appreciate me or anything I do?
The best thing for you to do is to try and make some friends of your own.Try joining a group or anything that will get you out of the house and around people.You need to build your self esteem and confidence up.You have to think that you are more then just a house wife.It sounds as though your husband is not giving you any time or attention so please be strong and try and find your own independence for yourself.I feel like my husband doesn't respect/appreciate me or anything I do?
u need to join a self help therapy group, where u will meet others having the same problems. u can't get someone to respect u, its just who he is. when he is tearing u down he doesn't have to look within himself.
This is what most of the house wives think, most of them not expressive with words like you have done. If you are a working woman you may think twice to talk like this, and your complaint might be your husband's vice versa., My suggestion is to flatter him in spite of his lapses, but you should do it in a nice way not to be noticed that you have suddenly changed. The human tendency is like that, 'somebody should love me even if I reprove, scold or tease. But I won't tolerate even a small mistake', so sensitive or egoistic. Psychology deals with all sort of people and a panacea for a couple may not be a solution to other.



In short, stop complaining, you will be loved!
Tell him straight out that he will either respect you or he will be looking for another wife to take care of him!
I was exactly the same as you.. I am separated now, found a part-time job and have been reading lots of self help books (great one for me was 'Facing Love Addiction' giving yourself the power to change the way you love by Pia Mellody). I was devastated when he left, but now I'm actually starting to love having control of my own money etc..being able to do (or eat) what I want, when I want. And the funny thing is, since I've pulled back from him and started focusing on my OWN life and not him, he is working really hard to win me back now (don't know if I want it now though!) Start focusing on yourself and your life and less on him.. Good luck :)
House wife suffer a lot in India till the time she has very good understanding with her in laws and more particularly with her husband. So long as the house wife is a house wife %26amp; not earning anything,she has to suffer subject to the mental position/ greediness of the husband. I would suggest , you should think for further studies and be a bread winner.
Aw- Sorry - it sounds like he's being a jerk and is pretty immature. If you have free time, maybe find a creative outlet. That way you'd feel better about yourself. Plus, if you take a class for something (like a hobby class.. painting, mossaics whatever) you'll meet people with similar interests. I had a great time in a watercolor class last spring and will probably sign up again for fall. Getting a job is always an option but if you can get along fine without one, I'd say enjoy your time at home. If you don't take a class you can always do something creative at home, like put in a garden. You can't change him but you can change how you feel about yourself. Don't let him drag you down. If he starts on you, you go ';whatever'; and disengage. Don't argue. When he treats you nice then you go back to normal.

If you have no friends now, you need to get out and make new ones. It's hard moving from one phase of life to a new one. Your friends in college (unless they all went to the same school) are having to go thru the same thing.. meeting new people. The best way is thru activities you enjoy. Good luck.


Forget abt that

No comments:

Post a Comment