Friday, November 12, 2010

Will I lose weight like this?

Hi all! I have a vacation in 2 months and I am really looking forward to it. Let me give you a heads up on how I was before to compare to my new routine. I work M-F 8am-5pm in an office. Well, after work I usually smoke some weed with a few friends before calling it a night. And, of course on the weekends. I never drink so alcohol isn't a factor with my weight. Well, my usual calorie intake consists of:



About (2) 32 oz regulars fountain cokes

Fast food for lunch

%26amp; either fast food again for supper or a cooked meal



Yeah, it's a lot of calories. Also, I haven't been physically active (like walking or working out) in like a year. Shame Shame I know.



So yesterday was my first day of my new routine:



I didn't smoke pot.

I had no cokes

I walked 1.5 miles



My calorie intake was:



A slim fast for breakfast

turkey sandwich w/mustard and the serving size of Baked ruffles for lunch

A light yogurt after work

A grilled chicken salad for supper (lettuce, 2 boiled eggs, grilled chicken, ff dressing)

and a 100-calorie mini popcorn for supper

my liquids were 3 sugar-free teas (w/splenda) and a glass of diet big red



Soo... I went from 3000 cal a day to 1200.



If I stick to this for the next 2 months, will I lose weight?

About how much?



Thanks in advance for the help and advice : ) !Will I lose weight like this?
Well, if you can maintain that, once your body adjusts(may take two weeks for it to adjust) theoretically, an 1800 deficit over previous caolric intake should be about 3lbs per week.



Those first two weeks are going to be interesting though as the crap works its way out of your body. I have no guess to how your body will react. Make it through week three and you should have smooth sailing.Will I lose weight like this?
I used to cook for a gourmet diet food company, and our calorie goal for each meal was about 400, plus 100 calorie snack and a 100 calorie dessert. Dropping to 1200 cal/day you should lose weight, but make sure these are changes you can live with. Two months will start to feel like a very long time.

Remember, it is mostly carbs that will cause you to gain weight, so the more bread, pasta and refined sugar you eliminate, the faster you will lose. Big points for cutting out the soda! Your 64 oz a day is cutting over 1000 of your dailycalories, most of it pure carbs.



As far as how much you will lose, it depends, but when I joined weight watchers they said you could lose a lot the first three weeks (maybe 10-15 lbs. if you're lucky), but once the initial phase is over, plan on 1-2 lbs a week. It's not very healthy if you are losing more than that, even if it is good for your body image! Also, the weight watchers website can be a great place for recipe and food ideas when you start to get bored with all of this ';healthy'; food.



Congrats on making these changes. I don't think I could/would give up the weed during such a drastic change (I'd be waaaay to cranky), but if it stands in the way of your motivation it's probably best. Otherwise, enjoy a little toke after your evening walk. And for those munchies, try skinny cow ice cream products. The chocolate truffle bars are only 150 calories, and they taste pretty damn good.



Enjoy your vacation, and good luck!
So, before you were intaking 3000 calories a day, which works out to 21000 a week...now you are at 1200 a day which is 8400 a week...thats 12600 calorie difference per week...a pound of fat=3500 calories, SO you will lose about 3-4 pounds a week if you stick with this.

So yes you will lose weight...If I were you I'd also try to throw in some resistance training if you can, this will help you tone up as you lose more weight and you will burn more calories in the process.

Good luck!!
Here are plenty tips to get you some good ideas:



http://www.stripthatfatwithsuccess.com



The festive signs are fun too!



Good luck!
Ok first i want to give you a few tips... I would advice to continue to smoke pot... i noticed that when i quit smoking, thinking that if i did, i would lose weight with not having munchies right? well i was TOTALLY WRONG i took the times that i would normally smoke pot and ate instead. So it had a total opposite effect on me..PLus a lot of times when you smoke, you forget to eat. Yes your food there all sounds pretty good...just a couple reminders.. remember to keep your protein and fiber intake HIGH.. and your calorie consumption under 1600. Try and throw in some high intensity cardio 3/4 days a week at least..for 45 minutes.. that will REALLY burn the fat off and fast. My favorite thing i swear by!!! is billy blanks cardio and ab bootcamp on you tube! I love it lol. Yes you will lose good weight.. by doing the diets and cardio combined.. depending on your weight now.. you should lose anywhere from 2 (if on the lower scale of weight) to 5 (if on the high end of the scale) lbs a week safely. oh yes and DRINK WATER!!! WATER WATER WATER!
1200 calories is okay IF you currently weigh 120 lbs. If you weigh more you need more food. IF you weigh less you will need less food than 1200.



If I knew your current weight I could give you detailed advice but you don't state it.



Send an email if you'd like to hear it. If not, Good luck!
You WILL lose weight by that calorie drop as long as it is consistent. Walking 1.5 miles is great, BUT ... did your heart go into cardiovascular range (88-165 bpm for someone who is about 25 years)?



To lose weight you need to:

1. burn more calories than you take in.

2. Get at least 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercise everday.

3. Eat right, not less, but right. Meaning, no fried foods, as little sugar or ';splenda'; as possible, lots of fiber. You can still eat meat, but consider this; you can eat more vegetables by volume and consume less calories. Nonetheless, I think meat is essential for protein.

4. Eat more meals per day while not exceeding your calorie count. This will speed up your metabolism.



Good news is, pot itself makes no difference in losing weight, but your post-pot behavior does. For example, if you smoke and get ';stoned'; (couch locked), you are sedentary and not burning calories. If you smoke and get ';high'; and go on a nature walk, you will have a very pleasant calorie burning experience. Pot also increases your heart rate, good for metabolism, but smoking anything can impact your ability to do vigorous cardiovascular exercises; and WATCH OUT FOR THE MUNCHIES. Use your own judgment and consider the opinion of a doctor or nutritionist, maybe even a personal trainer.
Hey, I'm not one of those annoying advertisement people. You will lose weight if you stick to this yes, but to help your system further, you should sign-up to www.livestrong.com. It can tell you how much you need to consume to reach your target weight! It's helped me - check it out, I used to be a chubster

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/j鈥?/a>



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment