Friday, November 12, 2010

Wat do u think of my story?

this is my satory that im writing for a history project. the starter is your in class its 2:50 and your thinking of your bday party after school. all of a sudden the room spins and u feel a breeze.........now this is the rest!



I looked around confused. Where was the classroom? Where was everyone else? I tried to sit up, but fell heavily onto the mat with my head hurting. The woman repeated her question. “How do u feel Mdewakantonwan?” she said. Since when was I Mdewakantonwan? “Where am I?” I asked hesitantly. She looked confused. “Baawitigong. Don’t you remember?” she asked still confused. “No,” I said slowly. She pursed her lips like she was deep in thought. She took a deep breath. “You must have hit your head harder than I thought,” she murmured to herself. She sighed. “Wahpekute!” she barked, “take Mdewakantonwan with you fishing. It might refresh her memory.” I looked at the girl called Wahpekute. She was about my age with dark skin and braided hair. She was wearing a deerskin dress, with colorful beads on it. She looked at me and smiled. I frowned back. “Come with me,” chirped Wahpekute. She had a high sweet voice that reminded me of honey. I frowned and tried to sit up; gladly I found that there was only a throbbing in my head. Not enough to keep me lying down. I stood and found I was wearing the same clothing as Wahpekute. There was just one difference; my beads were bright yellows, magentas, blues, and greens while hers were dark browns, reds, and blacks. I followed Wahpekute out of the wigwam. She talked to me all the way about birds, deer, and people. As we walked I noticed all the people looking our way. I think I saw some of them nod respectfully but maybe I was imagining it. I looked at her questioningly but she just smiled and continued talking. When she stopped we were right beside a river. “Gichi-ziibi,” Wahpekute said proudly. She pulled me over to a group of two women getting a giant net untangled. The one with beads like Wahpekute’s, came over. “Mdewakantonwan, this is my mother Titonwan,” Wahpekute said gesturing toward her mother. “Hello,” I replied. Titonwan smiled and the other lady beckoned us over. Wahpekute showed me how to untangle the net and how to spread it out and retie the undone knots. Finally when that was done we each grab a spot and threw the net into the water while carefully tying the net to the shore. We did not want to risk letting the net float away. Titonwan handed out dried meat after that was done. I watched as the others ate theirs and took a hesitant bite. It was delicious. We all finished and Wahpekute said, “Come. It is time to get the rice.” I followed a little confused by what she meant. She took me around to what I thought was almost the other site of the village. On the way there, we saw many people working; fixing wigwams, cooking, cleaning, sewing, and cleaning animals. She took me to a spot beside a wigwam with a birch basket, sticks, and stalks of what looked like weeds. On closer inspection, I found that they weren’t weeds and they were covered in rice. There was no one here. It looked like this was our job and no one else’s. Wahpekute went over to the sticks and picked two up. She came over to me and gave me one. “Take the stick and hit rice into basket.” she said demonstrating. I watched her carefully, and then picked up a stalk of my own. I walked over to the basket and did the same thing that Wahpekute did. Some of the rice came off but not as much as Wahpekute had got off. I looked at her and she smiled. “Harder,” she said. So I did and it worked. I smiled, glad that I could do it right. We finished all the stalks and Wahpekute said we were to take the stalks to the fire. She picked up the stalks and I picked up the basket. We walked to the fire that I guessed was in the middle of the village. Like before she talked the whole way. When we got to the fire she put the stalks in a pile right beside the wood. “Now we take rice to SahGahUd,” she said walking off toward a wigwam to the left of the fire. I followed and when we got to the wigwam’s door she took the rice basket. She went in and I went after her. It was warm inside. I looked around and found animal skins, tools, and food. SahGahUd looked up as we came in. “Welcome children,” she said in a calming voice. “We have brought the rice SahGahUd,” Wahpekute chirped. “Ah, yes I have been waiting. Set it over there with the rest,” she replied. Wahpekute smiled, obeyed, and we both said good-bye and left. Wahpekute looked grim when we left the wigwam. “What’s wrong Wahpekute?” I said sounding as confused as I was. She hesitated then said, “I do not like her. She came from a different tribe. The Dakota. Our two tribes are not as friendly as the Chief would like. There are fights all the time. Them over here, us over there. It is back and forth really. She came to us one winter. Skinny and frail with nothing but her clothes to keep her warm. Everyone to pity on her, but I still do not like heWat do u think of my story?
Keep writing!



You are good!Wat do u think of my story?
A

AW

AWE

AWES

AWESO

AWESOM

AWESOME

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment