Friday, November 12, 2010

Help, domestic violence problem!!?

I'm 15 years old, and I lived with my step mom, 2 step sisters, and step nieces and nephews my whole life.



2 years ago my step mom died, and left the house in my two sisters name, so we still live here. So now one of my sisters, who suffers from bipolar, moved her boy friend into the house.

He beats on her, calls her names, treats her life dirt, but all she does is take it because she is afraid of him. The police has been called numerous times. But it still hasn't stopped.



Now, he is doing the same thing at this exact moment. He is cussing, smacking her around, and more. Not to mention her child is here, but he is not the child's father. He drinks alcohol and smoke weed all day long and suffers from a disorder. Oh and he has a truck driving job. He also has a weapon in the room he sleeps in. He doesn't let her leave the room unless she is doing something for him like cooking or running his shower water.



Every now and then when I can't take the yelling and screaming, I say something to him to make him shut up, not to mention I'm on 15. He never yells back at me and he actually shuts his mouth. He plays nice in front of people, but everyone in the house knows how he really is.



The problem is I'm scared for my life and the lives of my family. I sometimes am afraid to go to sleep or I sleep with all the lights on so I can see him coming.



My other sister and I are moving next year, but please help...I need some advice.Help, domestic violence problem!!?
What I would do is not what I would advise you to do..................but, does your sister want help? If so, this is what I would do. Get him on video smacking her around, having a weapon in the house where a small child is and smoking weed, then get a restraining order against him. Once YOU show the police, he is 'disturbing your peace', they should act on it. If he is afraid of you he is less likely to challenge your actions. Your sister can then join ranks with you and get the help she needs. She has very low self esteem and feels helpless. Contact a domestic abuse shelter in your area and enlist their aid as well.Help, domestic violence problem!!?
well you really need too do something

i know the police have been there many times but since your other family and you are doing nothing..your just watching her get hurt.



so i think you should video tape him, show the police, have him arrested.



GET HELP. ITS NOT THAT HARD
As long as she lets him continue to do it, there's nothing anyone can do. Now, with a child involved. The child is in danger, and CPS needs to be called. Not the police. They will investigate the house. Hopefully they remove the child from the house, if called.
you need to get yourself and your family out of the situation. I know it is hard to do, and it may seem impossible, but its not. call the police and ask what you can do. File a restraining order. If he smokes weed, thats illegal call the police and give them permission to search the house. Is the weapon illegal? Call police and search the house. It sounds like this wouldn't be his first time on the wrong side of the law so chances are if he goes to court he'll get jail time. problem solved. if you dont want to go to police go to a teacher or a trusted family member or neighbor. or even a close friends parent. tell an adult. you shouldn't have to live like this. Abuse is illegal, remember that.
Try to video tape or record what he is doing and saying to your sis or others. There seems to be many witnesses to this behavior he displays so go talk to the police and see what they advise you to do. There are shelters you can go to (free) and stay so you do not have to put up with this. Take your sister who is being abused with you even if you have to physically take her screaming and fighting as she needs professional help. Abusers only get worse and all of you are in danger. Sometimes the abuser kills the person he is abusing even if he doesn't really mean to. You are in danger. Go to the domestic violence shelter. Look in the phone book for their phone number as the address is not given for safety reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment