Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm having a 'confidence crash' and don't know which way to go? (very long!)?

Okay i'm 17, a culinary student and don't know how to go about this. I want to work as a chef and on Thursday night had the honour of meeting, having a photo with and getting a menu signed by Albert Roux (culinary godfather! so i'm extactic I got such a privledge) and got back at 12 night and got up and went to college at 8 today.

When I get home today and basically my mum unloads how my stepdad is jeaous about me going through life whereas his children aren't as much and he's really jealous about it and hypocritical, ie .. my mum bought be a jack daniels bottle (small one) and he has a go at her saying she's encouraging me to get drunk when i've only been really drunk once.. and even that was at home so i was within safe hands, and yet he daughter drinks and he turns a blind eye.. and she's a teen mother.



he smokes weed (openly) yet would have a go at me if I did or same with cigarettes.. another example he'll say I shouldn't drink know but the telling me yet some nights downs 4(+) cans of beer.



My mother's manic-depression, bipolar disorder and OCD doesn't help and relating to my catering career mean, with various people saying positive words about my cooking. I felt pretty confident and good and now this has happened I don't know if I should do the best for me and try to excel or to 'dumb down' a bit so my stepdad doesn't feel as jealous about me.I'm having a 'confidence crash' and don't know which way to go? (very long!)?
hi. well done for following your dreams, it sounds like you are a responsible and ambitious man, this is definitely something to be proud of. your step father probably is jealous of you but that doesnt mean you shouldnt become everything you can be, he was probably just talking to your mum about how he's not happy that his own kids havent been able to achieve things like you have, not that he wishes you hadnt either. keep doing what you're doing, there is never a good reason to feel bad about succeeding.I'm having a 'confidence crash' and don't know which way to go? (very long!)?
You should deffo do the best for you %26amp; make your mum proud. Your stepdad seems like abit of an **** and shud really think about the effect what he is saying could have on you and your mum. But on the other hand he might not want you to make the same mistakes as himself and his daughter.
Your stepdad bullies your mum which gives her all these issues, and your solution is to dumb down too?!?!?!?!



Be the very best you can be, give your mum something to be proud of. If you allow him to repress you both you'll end up stabbing him.... or at least one day you'll look back with regret at the opportunities you gave up.



Time to step up, you're not a kid anymore.
You dumb down, you turn out like your step-dad.



Keep at it. You have so much potential, don't let it go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment