Friday, November 12, 2010

Learn everything - guidance help?

My ultimate goal is to possess the knowledge to and actually one day go into the wilderness naked and build up my own civilization. From absolutely nothing to building everything on my own from natural materials found in the wild including a modern computer, modern house, modern car, small airplane, farming equipment, etc.



So, I am sure that there is an enormous amount of knowledge before me that I must not only learn but master it like breathing air. Going over this entire thing has proved very difficult for me to put down in words or time consuming. Therefore, I chose the 鈥榗oncept approach鈥? I wrote down everything that I could think of starting from the very basics concepts/foundational knowledge points need to survive all the way to the modern techonological products that we all depend on today. What I would like to inquire of you all here is to guide me. I hope that my list is correct but it may be missing things or totally wrong or exactly right. I鈥檓 not sure but I hope that those who know these things can guide me in the right direction.



What I am doing now is researching every area that I have listed here. I am solely using the internet now but will utilize other means i.e. library, universities, etc. when I am stuck or hit the wall. Getting started on this as soon as possible is very important for me because I need to know what I can learn on my own and what I need to learn from others via apprenticeships, special programs, etc. This is important because I am thinking about using my GI Bill to start college in January but I am not sure what I should major in. Initially I thought that I should major in agriculture but after I made the list below I figured most of the things deal with agriculture can be learned alone rather than exclusively in a brick and mortar college institution. Just to give an example, the knowledge that I want to possess that pertains to electricians and doing everything that they do from scratch is something that seems like it must be learned via some kind of special program. The same thing goes for computers. Being able to build a modern computer from scratch and I do mean EVERYTHING is also something that seems like I must learn via some kind of special program. I haven鈥檛 even been able to find a single person who knows how to do it. But I know for a fact there are people who possess that very knowledge. I use to work with them when I was in the Navy as an intel analyst.



What do I expect then? Well, I am hoping that people who know and understand what I am doing will guide me to books, sites, links, contact points, etc. AND/OR those experts in certain areas that I have listed will guide me in the right direction regarding the foundational knowledge for their expertise. I do hope I am explaining this in a way that makes sense. Well, anyway I don鈥檛 want to be too verbose so here it is.



-------------------



BASICS



Water - locate it ( 1. body of water i.e. river, lake, ocean 2. watery fruit/plants i.e. cactus 3. animals鈥?blood 4. well 5. 鈥榗loud harvesting鈥?鈥榝og catching鈥? 6. 鈥榓ir well鈥? ), purify it , ensure continuous supply



Food:



A. eating

1. meat - catching (trapping, tracking, snares/deadfalls, ) , killing , cleaning , eating ( raw, cooked, edible/unedible parts, drink blood, preparing meat ) , storing , preserving (curing, drying, salting, smoking, pickling )

* bugs - locating/identifying , catching , killing , cleaning , eating ( raw, cooked, edible/unedible parts ) , storing , preserving (drying , salting , pickling )



2. fruits - locating/identifying , storing , preserving (drying)

3. vegetables/weeds/flowers/algae/legumes/n鈥?-

locating/identifying , obtaining , eating (raw, cooked, edible/unedible parts) , cleaning , preparing (cooking, etc. ?) , storing , preserving (drying, pickling )

4. herbs/teas - locating/identifying , obtaining, preparing , preserving (drying, ? ) , consuming



B. ensure continuous supply

1. animals - catching , containing , feeding/watering , mating , their health , training

2. fruits - growing , pest control , invasive species , health

3. vegetables - growing ( planting, watering, harvesting) , pest control , invasive species , health

4. herbs/teas - growing ( planting, watering, harvesting) , pest control , health



bees - obtaining/catching , utilizing (getting honey, storing it, ) , containing/controlling , health



Pottery/containers/tools (stone, mud, animal parts, ) -

clay - obtaining , utilizing ( 鈥榟andwork鈥? heating to turn into pots/bowls/cups etc.

http://www.zetatalk.com/shelter/tshlt23h.htm

seashells - obtaining , utilizing ( forming into pots/bowls/cups etc. )



Fire - making (normal/wet/cold/windy conditions), candles,



Shelter - building ( can withstand any weather condition) , [debris hut, wicki-up, mud hut, cave dwelling, thatched shelter, pit dwelling , ]

house , barn , gates for livestock



Clothes -

sources - cLearn everything - guidance help?
tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment