Friday, November 12, 2010

How do I deal with an abusive, controlling mom?

Recently, we had a roommate move in. She's per swayed my mom into smoking weed, drinking more heavily, along with already smoking. The roommate has also given me attitude ever since she moved in, and I asked my mom to kick her out. She said she'd talk to her, and never did. Various other times since then, I've caught my mom skipping work, yelling at me, not buying groceries, not taking me to get food, and not even cooking. Even last night, she told me she was going to take me for dinner, and then as I got dressed, she left on me. I then even did a favor for her later on and never received a thank you, and then she had the nerve to yell at me downstairs for ';being too selfish';. She nearly broke my Wii and shut down my laptop. She has done many things like this in the past. The only reason I'm still here is because I don't have internet at my dads, and if I don't have internet, I lose access to a lot of friends. Friends that are the only ones keeping me safe, right now. I have no idea what I should do.How do I deal with an abusive, controlling mom?
Yikes. She sounds impossible - are you sure there is no way at all to get online from your father's place, even if it is inconvenient (such as using a free dialup service, or going online from a public library or place with a WiFi hotspot)?



You need to look out for your best interests right now, and living with someone who behaves like that is not among them, even if there are some inconveniences. Your friends should understand you being online less if it means you're salvaging your personal life.How do I deal with an abusive, controlling mom?
I think that when people begin to start drinking an smoking weed that it effects their energy level and don't feel like doing the things that they ar suppose to do.They tend to be more laid back and lazy.You can access internet at most public librarys.Maybe you should consider this option if it would make you a happier person.
Let her know your feelings, for the internet you can go to public places or library.
I think you would be better off at your father's, internet or no internet. Take your computer stuff with you.
i'd get out of this situation b/c if there were ever a drug bust, u really don't want 2 B in the wrong place @ the wrong time. if u need web u can visit yer local library; they should have internet 4 patrons; mine does. all u need is a library card 2 use the library's pc 2 check yer e-mail
Move to your dad's ,tell him what is going on and talk to your school counselor so they can get your mom some help.You can always use the computers at the library.Besides if your mom breaks your computer or pawns it for weed money, you won't be on the internet anyway.

By the way the word is ';persuaded';,not per swayed,but I guess you spelled it the way it sounded right?Your mom is an adult and her room mate didn't hold her at gun point to make her do the things she is doing.
Just move to your dads, would you rather have the internet than being safe and happy? Speak to your dad ask to move in. Get a paper round to pay for the internet. hope you get something sorted. Being happy and safe is the most important thing in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment