Friday, November 12, 2010

My Gran is so selfish!?

I went over to my Gran's house and she asked me to do the garden cos her knees were aching. So I worked my fingers to the bone, trying to cut all the weeds back, prune, tidy and generally do everything to make sure the garden is spick and span (I even took the leftover weeds to the dump). Now I didn't mind doing it but she didn't give me any recognition for it, except to say ';Thank you love';. I'm sorry but it really annoyed me that she couldn't even be bothered to dip into her purse and give me something for it. She knows I don't have muchmoney coming in and she could have given a tenner or something in gratitude. I just feel like I shouldn't have bothered. She's just so selfish.



This isn't the first time it's happened either. I invited her over to my house once and I cooked for her, I let her stay, I drove her home and she didn't even have the courtesy to offer me petrol money or anything, she just keeps saying ';thank you! that's really appreciated'; and gets out of the car and walks in. So anyway, I had enough the other day and my Gran phoned asking if I would take her to see her brothers at the Garden centre near my house and I said ';Okay! .. but you really need to cough up for the petrol money this time Gran because I can't afford to keep doing this with no financial support'; and she slammed the phoned down after me after saying ';forget it!';. I was so shocked! So I called her back and she said ';don't worry love, Uncle Jack is taking me now';. She then abruptly ended the call. So I'm refusing to speak to her now, until I get an apology.



How do I deal with her, if this happens again? and also, what would you class a sufficient apology?My Gran is so selfish!?
You want your Gran to pay you for showing love and affection towards her? And you think she's the selfish one? The only apology that would be sufficient is for you to pick up the phone and tell her that you're really sorry for treating her like that!My Gran is so selfish!?
Perhaps she just sees all the favours you are doing for her as payback for the things she's done for you during your life. I
You are the selfish one, you should help elder members of your family just because you can not for a reward. A sufficient apology from you would be to apologise for your bad manners and ask if she needs any help with anything.
well sweety, if you respect your gran karma will come around and you will have good luck. and baby theres comes a time in everybody's life where they get old. your gunna get that way one day or another buddy. oh and she might just be going through menopause
So, your form of recognition is for her to dip into her pocket and pay you for it? I thought a sincere Thank You is enough, but I guess this doesn't apply for selfish people like you. If you expect to get paid every time someone ask you for a favor, you should tell them your rate first. The selfish person in this story from what I see, is you, not your grandma. And the person who should apologize is also you.
Firstly, she assumes you're altruistic. Meaning you're doing it for her without wanting to get paid back. Secondly, you're the selfish one if you expect payment for helping family. You are what is known as a ';psychic vampire'; by feeding off of those that are weak you give them things, which you consider to be binding them to you for a favor in return later on under the guise of altruism. You need to get some moral character.
i just dont understand why she owes YOU anything? shes your grandparent for gods sake..if anything you OWE it to her to watch after her like she needs you to do. YOU owe it to her to help her with her garden and to take her where she needs to go..dont be selfish
you do things for your family out of love and not for money !

why should she give you money, I expect she did things for you when you were small, helped the family about the things she might of done without your knowledge.

Apologies to your nan you only get one, apologies just explain money is tight for you at the moment , if she has a fiend who wants some gardening done for a tenner than your the one to do it
I can see both sides here. If i were you, id be annoyed, because lets face it, money doesnt grow on trees %26amp; if she got someone else to do it, she'd probably have to pay. But at the same time, how many things has she done for you in your life? She probably thinks that money doesnt matter because you're family. You need a compromise here

No comments:

Post a Comment