Friday, November 12, 2010

My husband feels unappreiciated...?

He says that I don't help him around the house with cleaning. He tells me how to cook. If I don't do exactly how he tells me to then he won't eat what I fix. He complains about work and why people take advantage of him because he is always the one who cleans and no one else does. I try to tell him to confront them and tell them that we need to take turns. Well he says that it is something that needs to get done and he has to have something to do. I say well then you are going to feel like you are being taken advantage of and you will feel unappreciated if you don't speak up right away. He keeps thinking he is going to lose his job if he does not clean like he is supposed to. The manager said that she was going to push it hard to the owner for my husband to get an assistant manager's position. I didn't hold my breath because this has happened in the past with him thinking that they promised. I figure the bottle cap pressure may eventually pop if he doesn't stop complaining to the manager about a problem he has with the other employees. So now that it is the time for him to maybe get the promotion, they are putting him off again. He goes in everyday almost to mow weeds and do extra paperwork to make himself look good so he could get the position. He says he is so mad that he wants to get another job. I don't exactly want to be his mom and tell him what to do. I try to do chores around then house to relieve some of his pressures but he doesn't seem to appreciate it.My husband feels unappreiciated...?
It sounds like he's using you as an excuse for his not getting promoted. Don't let him blame the fact that you don't cook and clean 24/7 for his lack of success. He needs to confront the people who are actually holding him back instead of you. Tell him so instead of just sitting around and letting this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment