Friday, November 12, 2010

Restrictions on food that I can bring into Taiwan?

I might be traveling to Taiwan in the next few months and I have rather unusual dietary restrictions. I'm a vegan raw foodists (don't eat anything cooked/processed or animal products) so it's rather complicated for me to travel out of US or travel in general. Do you know what kind of restrictions there are on bringing food with me into the country. Not necessarily raw produce but something like packaged dried sea weed, nuts/seeds, and cold pressed olive oil? Where could I find information about this? Any recommendations on purchasing raw produce there or how to find cold pressed oils?Restrictions on food that I can bring into Taiwan?
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the availability of natural foods in Taiwan. There are many vegan restaurants and items like seaweed are used a great deal in Taiwanese vegan cuisine. Also, contact any I Kuan Tao temple and you will be with people who practice vegan lifestyle( they even shun garlic and onions). A large percentage of the population practice vegan consumption. Most Taiwanese buy produce daily at morning markets.Restrictions on food that I can bring into Taiwan?
Try looking at the GIC office website...



heres the page for importation rules.

http://eng.coa.gov.tw/list.php?catid=887鈥?/a>



hunt around in there!
Since yours is a special case, you should contact Taiwan Customs directly with full details of the type of unprocessed food you want to carry with you.

For further information about Customs matters, contact the Department of Customs Administration Ministry of Finance

No. 2, Ai Kuo West Rd.

Taipei, Taiwan

Tel.: 886-2-2322-8217

Fax: 886-2-2394-1479



Inspectorate General of Customs, Ministry of Finance

4F, 131, Nanking E. Rd., Sec. 3

Taipei, Taiwan

Tel.: 886-2-2716-9219

No comments:

Post a Comment