Friday, November 12, 2010

Should I read this letter at my grandmothers funeral?

My great Grandmother has 173+ grandchildren and great grandchildren

shoud i read this at her funeral?

Grandma,

A baby cradled in your arms...

Teaching me your gentle charms.

Growing up with you by my side...

Learning from you never to lie.

To understand and not judge too...

Love and kindness I also learned from you.

Through the years you watched me grow...

Teaching me everything I'd need to know.

Listening to every word I've said...

And every word I've wrote you've read.

You've been there for me to the end...

Until the day for you, God did send.

Now you watch me from up above...

Shining down on me your heavenly love.

I will miss you with all my heart...

Thank you for being there from the start.







All the things you used to do

cooking dinner on sunday

making homemade stew

sitting for hours

telling us tales

of how poor jonah

was swallowed by the whale

working in your garden

pulling all the weeds

wiping sweat from your brow

and gently planting seeds

you are a special grandma

one that we adore

you taught us right from wrong

and so very much more



grandma i remember

when you would sing a song

you would encourage

us all to sing along

and you would sit and rock

and read the bible

while we would play

i can still see it

as you held it in your hands

well worn from all your reading

and learning of gods plans

grandma i remember

dont worry about me

you taught us all so well

years ago upon your knee.





Thank you for the gift of love,

now you're sharing it up above.

You had many things to say.

All in a caring way.

You always saw good in everyone,

No matter what they've done.

You were always the one we could all lean on.

Even though it must have felt like a ton.

You were always the strength of the family.

Now we must let you rest calmly.

As we say goodbye,

as tears roll down our eyes.

I know your place in heaven has a good view.

Because you're telling God,

I need to keep an eye on a few.

I know you will always be in our hearts and mind.

So Grandma,

I must go, but I'll never forget you're one of a kindShould I read this letter at my grandmothers funeral?
That's a very sweet poem. You should definitely read it. 173 great/grandchidren is a lot! wow! Your great grandma must've had her hands full!Should I read this letter at my grandmothers funeral?
its really good, I suggest having it printed out for everyone to get a copy of, when you go up to read it, it may be difficult for you to get through the whole thing.
That is an extremely beautiful poem and it will bring tears to almost everyones eyes i can guarantee. May she rest in peace,

and I send my regards

x
100 % yes.

I sang ';Amazing Grace'; at my grandfathers funeral, and it gave me some closure.
yes you should, it might be hard not to tear up but thats a wonderful poem and i'm sure your Grandma would love to hear it. ?
You should ! Its a lovely poem !
That is a lovely poem! You really should. I nearly cried! lol
that was a really nice poem...you should read it.

=]
If you wrote this then you most definitely should (Well you should anyway it's beautiful). It's extremely meaningful and it sounds as though your Grandma was too. This will be perfect for a lovely sending off and I'm sure she will be smiling down on you from heaven to have such a wonderful Grandchild!

I hope that the funeral, goes as well as any funeral can go, but a nice calm blessing toward her departure!

xx
that was very lovely written you shouldbe proud to read that, but sometimes its hard you might have a back up to help you.it took all thre of us girls to read the poem i wrote for my dad. god will be with you. let me know how you did

No comments:

Post a Comment