Friday, November 12, 2010

How can I get rid of annoying neighbors?

I have neighbors who visit me everyday,They waste their money on junk food, then are always coming downstairs complaining of being hungry, I oblige and give them some thing to eat, but they have made it a habit, Now I am struggling just like everyone else, I have a 18 yr old who works and helps me and a toddler who is 3, now these neighbors the mother is a drinker and cigarette smoker and occasional coke user, her husband is a heroin and methadone addict, she has 4 children all who smoke weed and drink every weekend, their ages 25, who has a 5 yr old girl collects welfare, son 23 who works and gives his mom $400 a month, a 21 yr old who got a law suit for 47,000 and spent it in 8 months, and now does not work or go to school, and a 18 yr old female who doesn't do anything either, all except for the oldest son ( 23) collect welfare. food-stamps and medicaid. Now I wouldn't mind helping in other cases of poverty, but I make 150.00 every 2 weeks, and i get some food stamps, but i pay for my health-care, my son works makes minimum wage and only 19 hrs a week, I feel bad sometimes I give his munchies away because my neighbors well they beg me with their sob stories, like oh who's cookies, oh I want some can I have a couple, or I had to pay this and that what are we gonna eat. its mostly the mother who does this, sometimes she comes down when I am cooking, oh that's smells good what is it? oh I never had that. so I offer. she eats then calls family down, and then they be like I want some. so what am I suppose to do. but when I am out of certain stuff my kids like they won't come over. I am so frustrated cause right now we aren't gonna have a real thanksgiving dinner. but my little family will be together. I feel like I am being used, but guilty cause your not suppose to deny food to anyone,How can I get rid of annoying neighbors?
You're going to have to put your foot down. They are taking advantage of you because they know you have a soft heart and they use it to their advantage. Next time they ask you for something, tell them you're stressed on money and you need all the food and money you can save for your kids and to pay bills. If they have food stamps and collect welfare, then they should be fine. Whats the point of having those if they can't feed themselves. Stop giving in to them because soon enough your family is going to be the ones that are starving and trust me, people like that won't help you when you need help, despite all you've done for them.How can I get rid of annoying neighbors?
Throw bricks at them
Poor you. That sounds hard to deal with. Best to start by discouraging them i guess. Then you can work form there. Maybe close your windows or something so they can't smell it? Make up excuses like you're having friends over? Or just talk to them. What's the worse they can do? Hate you. I wouldn't care.



Also, neighbour as in how? Apartment or like neighbour neighbour?
I would be direct and tell them that you support your children entirely and can't afford to feed them extra food that takes away from necessities. Also your time is so limited to keep up with cleaning, shopping etc. that you would be so pleased if they would limit their visits in a week. First I would be very congenial with my explanation, if this doesn't ring their bell, then shoot straight from the shoulder. When you blow, I would let them know about the weed and the law. Good Luck, or

you may have to look at moving, and I know that is not what you need at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment