Sunday, November 14, 2010

What do you think of this story?

hey my name is Melissa and i had to write this essay for school, i wouldn't usually go into so much effort for something like this but i guess this was a topic that really caught my interest and i got so into it... anyways.. i felt like real proud of this.. but i want to know what you think. Was it boring? was it cool? Did it catch your attention? Did you not read it because it was boring? what , just please tell me.. while i was writing the last paragraph i started to cry.. mostly because this is all true.. these are things that really did happen and were real and just in case you wanna know im 12. so here it is:





My Favorite Place



I hop off the plane with butterflies, and knots still in my stomach. I look at my surroundings, I could see the family and friends waiting patiently for the others that walked behind us. We usually saw 1 or 2 of our family members. As we get out of the airport the cold air greets us outside and i tend to relax a bit more as I curiously watch the taxi men load up our luggage into two taxi's, then we separate into two groups, each group going in one of the taxi's. As we ride along the dusty, rocky roads and sight the faded mountains far away everything starts to jog back in my head.



We pull up to a nice, little familiar house just in front of a river with a couple of dead, dry weeds surrounding it. They all start to take out the bags, which made it hard to hear the flowing of the river and the occasional pebbles that fell in. As we went inside the squeak of the gate door and house door were just the same as always. Behind me i could hear the playful bark of a few dogs. As we entered the house tears of joy ran down my grand moms ( and a couple of others) face. We hugged each other a long time before we got to the kitchen. As we entered the kitchen the smell of my grand moms cooking caught my attention. As we all finished eating and were done chatting we were going upstairs to unpack.



As sunset began to turn into night i heard the crackling of fire outside. I hop into my sweater and slippers and head outside. As the adults talked and sat on these big rocks, my sister and I kept the fire alive and would usually rest. It started to get dark so we turned the fire off and headed to sleep. In the morning the shine of the sun and the melody of the little birds peacefully woke me up. As I yawned my way downstairs I found my breakfast on the table, so i ate silently.



It was a whole month of laughs and joy, great times and hard times, and the warm feeling of having the ones you love close to you. Eventually it all had to end, making me leave behind, my hyper, playful but supposedly guard dog, the smell of the air that reminded me of the fruit trees, the feeling of freedom that made me feel adventurous, the taste of how deliciously different the candy was, but most importantly, leaving my grand parents. As we got ready to leave we shed tears, hugging each other for as long as we had time. Memories Of the first day ran across my mind. It felt like there was a big piece that was missing from my heart. We headed to the airport, sobbing. As we got into the plane the knots grew in my stomach 10x more than expected. The plane started to lift off the ground, making my ears pop. But at that very moment I was trying to hide the tears that ran down my cheek ( hoping to be successful) and softly i whispered, '; Good bye Bolivia.';What do you think of this story?
its a really good peice of literature but i wouldnt call it an essay at all, more like a short story, but great job! not boring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment