Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why won't my parents see that I'm responsible?

*Warning. Beep beep. Waring. A lot of ranting coming up. Warning.*


I'm 12, almost 13, and homeschooled. I have an autistic sister, and after several months of trying to convince my parents for pet guinea pigs, I have two. I'm trying to get a Summer job. Anything like, pulling weeds and doing yard work to babysitting to even a measly bake sale!


They ALWAYS say that I'm not responsible enough. My mom says: ';Isus namun! (or something like that... it's a Tagalog ';Oh, please'; in English) You can't even keep your room clean(I do, I'm not kidding!) if you can't take care of a room, how can we expect you to be responsible enough for a job?';


And my dad says: ';... *sighs* We've DISCUSSED this several times in the past! You have to maintain your level of responsibility for a LONG time. So far, you're not showing us anything that's helping.';


I DON'T SEE WHY! *is feeling angry and disappointed*


I get straight A's ALL the time, I clean the kitchen bare for my mom at night, and scrub the table spot clean, I pick up after everyone, and they all think my MOM does it! Sure, she does the laundry and the cooking, and all the big stuff... but do they notice who does the LITTLE stuff?


All I want is an odd job to do over the Summer! It's no big deal since I'm bored out of my skull all day, just waiting for something to do!


I've been waiting and trying SO hard to just be... responsible!!!


Getting straight A's is MUCH more easier than being responsible!


I don't talk back, even though I feel like SCREAMING some times, when a conversation goes like this:


Mom(right next to me): Where's your sister?


Me: In the bathroom.


Mom: Huh?


Me: In the bathroom, mom.


Mom: What?


Me: *speaks a little louder* She's in the bathroom.


Mom: *slaps* You!!! Don't talk back to me like that! You're so arrogant and... and... *waves finger frantically* PROUD!(I'm not kidding, she does that and its not funny at all.)


Me: Sorry.


Mom: ';Sorry, sorry'; *mocks*!!! DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!


Me: Okay *sighs*


Mom: *mocks* ';Okay, okay';... *disgusted look*... *that growl that Marge does in the Simpsons*





WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? :(


All I want is to be able to get experiences. My dad always said to invest in myself, and even though I am by following my dream to be a composer, I want to try new things too! And he always says the same thing, even though it doesn't make any sense sometimes to what I said: You have to... maintain a level of responsibility. We're not seeing any responsibility so far. Now go away.





... Well, that was long. Sorry! *gets pulled into these things a lot*


So, why aren't my parents thinking that I'm responsible if I';m doing all I can (I often ask my mom if I can help, and she says: Just.. go over there! I'm busy. You'll just make things worse.) and trying as hard as I can? How can I make them think- no, KNOW that I'm responsible?


I want to be responsible SO bad, so I can babysit or whatever with my friends who don't even clean their rooms EVER (and sometimes, which is VERY awkward, their moms sometimes clean their rooms for them! Bleh...) and their parents say that they're more responsible than any other kid they've ever seen.


*is jealous, in a way*Why won't my parents see that I'm responsible?
You need to grow a backbone. Grow a pair. There's no way you will be expected to live for yourself if you just sit back and take all this punishment. Your mom is mocking you only because she knows you won't react. You are 12, showing signs of maturity but you've got a ways to go. Once in a while, stick up for yourself, relationships are based on compromises - which you've noticed when getting your guinea pigs, but only in a minor sense. This is the beginning of mental adolescence IMO, and there will be plenty of little ';battles'; to come.Why won't my parents see that I'm responsible?
your moms a ***** dude.





look at this!!





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
would you feel comfortable enough to show this to one of your parents maybe both?





if they speak English.......caus i think if you do this will show them whats going on





if that doesnt work out than i guess your parents just dont you to get the pig or the job for some reason and their using the ';not responsible enough'; line to get away from the REAL reason
Get yourself the odd jobs. save your money. some people like your parents are just not able to be pleased. the fact that your only 12 doesn't help. sadly, when your that age, you think you know everything... you don't. and when you 25, you'll finally admit that you don't know jack. adults tend to take it out of context though and act just like your parents. Your probably not doing anything wrong. your parents are just... ignorant. good luck.
Wow, first off, let me commend you for being as young as you are and typing your entire question with good grammar. *Gives standing ovation* There are people on here who are MY age and older (I'm 20, almost 21) who have the worst spelling and grammar I've ever seen. So good work on that.





Secondly, you sound very mature for your age. Your language that you typed in and from what you've said, you do sound very mature.





But it sounds like your parents are blind to what a blessing they have and I am very sorry for that. The best thing I can say is keep doing what your doing. Eventually they will see what a great job you are doing. And if they don't then by 16 (some jobs will even accept 14-15 year olds) you can be hired for a real job without needing permission.





But I think you are doing a wonderful job, if it helps at all. I am still in awe as to how well you wrote this question. So many young kids your age are out doing very bad things and making very bad decisions and I know this from experience ( watching my little sister and her friends). So it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.





Good luck, sweetie :)
many parents use to see their child like little ,they don't understand that we grow up and change.
Ok. To be almost 13 years old, you sound pretty dang responsible! I'll tell you, my parents are worse!! Ever since I was a junior in high school things got real bad between us. I'd do all kind of chores around the house and mom would be like ';You don't do sh*t!!! I do everything in this house!! '; I'd get so mad! I tried to get a job but they wouldn't like the idea of me working. They wanted me to focus on school, and well I didn't do too well because of the fighting and stress. I turned 18 just a few months ago, they kicked me out without any help whatsoever. I'm now supporting myself, going to school in the mornings and working at nights. I'm telling you, communicate with your parents, before it's too late. I never talked to mine, and look how I ended up. Parents thinks they know everything sometimes, but the truth is they also make mistakes. Just look at me for example, they kicked me out of the house for no reason, now I can't see my 2 younger brothers and that's something I will never forgive them for. I don't wanna see them and they don't wanna see me. All because we didn't know how to communicate. You have the opportunity to make this better, if you don't try I swear to you your parents won't. Also, find a job! It'll give you time away from drama and you could do without some hu?





Hope this helps, :) good luck!
If your parents allowed you to get a job, would you be able to get one? When I was your age, my best friend and I wanted to get jobs really bad. When we tried to get jobs, we found out that we were too young to do anything.





Maybe you can try to set a job up. If one of your friend's babysits for someone and she can't make it one night, tell your parents that she asked if you could go instead and that you want to do it. If your parents say no, without giving you a legitimate reason (like they think it's dangerous or you'll be out too late) then I don't know what you can do. You'll just have to wait until you get older.
  • how to cut hair
  • norton internet security 2008
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment